Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wild 100's-Mobstability

ImageHost.org
Summer 2007 amidst the Don Imus vs the Rutgers women's basketball team nappy headed ho scandal it aseemed like everyone in america was against Hip Hop's so called gangsta rap genre of music. Oprah had a show with Common and Uncle Russell, Bill O Reily did an interview with allhiphop's Chuck Creekmurr and BET did a show with T.I. Michael Dyson and Nelly featuring the infamous Tip Drill video. Here in Chicago Father Phleger was organizing St. Sabina's building fund to pay for a billboard boycott of artist aiming much of his hate at West Side's very own Twista. Due to the criticism Twista lost out on McDonald's Live Trek tour. Here's what Twista has to say about the situation:

just last summer Father Pfleger said my words was trash to the community and i didnt deserve to be on the mcdonalds tour,its crazy how the tables turned in just under a year. Father Pfleger own words and opinon of ms.Clinton came in the worst way,and now he expects for the world and his church to give him a full accpeptance. do you think its right that he apologize and get away with his words? did he really lose anything? i lost a multi million dollar contract,he embarassed and disgraced my name in public, by his billboards calling my music trash, he even went as far as getting Bill O'reily to get on TV to dis me aswell, and not once did he ever call me or even asked me my opinon of my views and music.

All it took was the young generation to expose him of his true colors,Big shout out to Youtube.com, for putting him on blast. Mr. Pfleger is in a much stronger position than I am, I represent the streets and Hip Hop,he is a represenative of God and i feel like he shouldnt of been a little more careful of his words too. I dont look for any apologies from him,Mcdonalds,or even little Bill O'reily,I keep it street and 100 by saying "LOOK WHO'S CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK"
I Aint That Nigga - Twista

No comments: