Saturday, July 12, 2008

Behind The Hate-Puttin Ho's On Blast

ImageHost.org

"It's not funny. Let's get Barack on," that was the general consensus of attendees at the $2,300 fundraiser for the Senator at Chicago's Hyatt Regency where Bernie Mac performed a 10 minute act Friday night.

Mac said he is a Democrat "born and raised" but added that, "I'm a Republican at tax time."

"I don't know why my man Barack wants to be president but I'm proud of him because politics is dirty, especially with Republicans," Mac told the crowd of 600 at the Hyatt.

"So Barack, you can't get mad, you understand, when you hear rumors. People like rumors. They are going to say things like, you know, you was in the club with Lil' Kim and you and Kanye West got in a fist fight."

"Having a black first lady is different: You're still going have to do the dishes and the laundry and all that . . . you got to pick up the kids," 'You didn't pick up the kids?' 'I just came from Korea, talking about nuclear weapons.' 'You were on Air Force One and you couldn't stop to pick up the kids?'"

My little nephew came to me and he said, 'Uncle, what's the difference between a hypothetical question and a realistic question?'" Mac said. "I said, I don't know, but I said, 'Go upstairs and ask your mother if she'd make love to the mailman for $50,000.'"

He then talked about his wife who he's been married to for 35 years, and how she just went through menopause.

"I can't take it," he said. "My house is so doggone cold all the time."

He went in to bit about hope and offering himself up as a running mate indicating Obama staffers "don't want me because I cuss", he promised to help Obama and that he would be there "like the Jackson Five" and ended with a joke involving the women in the families and living with two "hoes"

A heckler started protesting, asking for Mac to step down and let Barack come on.

"Calm down," Mac said, before introducing Obama, "not just a friend of mine but a friend of you all."

Obama came on, thanking, among others, "my great friend, one of the kings of comedy, Bernie Mac." Obama tried to smooth things over with a joke of his own after a 20 minute speech

"We can't afford to be divided by race. We can't afford to be divided by region or by class and we can't afford to be divided by gender, which by the way, that means, Bernie, you've got to clean up your act next time," Obama said. "This is a family affair. By the way, I'm just messing with you, man."
SOURCE AP

No comments: